Tuesday, November 29, 2011

SO HAPPY!

The title really says it all. I moved last Thursday and i couldn't be happier. I absolutly love my new host family, the Ahrens. My mom Dagmar is super easy to talk to and shes always there if i need to. She also just really cool about everything! Freya is my older sister, she's 17 and she's so awesome! last year she went to Mexico so she really understands what I'm going through. She's SO helpful and also just a great friend/sister/person! Both Dagmar and Freya really help with my German, they understand that I need help sometimes and they make learning fun by giving me words of the day! I don't see much of my host dad, Peter, because he's at work most of they time, but he's nice too! I have 2 younger sisters, Theda is 15 and Merle is 13. Theda is super cool! Last Saturday her, Freya, and I went to a ball and we hung out most of the night since neither of us can really dance (And when i say "can't dance" i mean like couples ballroom dancing,because of course i can break it down ;)) Merle is only 13 but she looks and acts like she's at least 15!! She's cool and nice too! (really this entire family is just super cool and nice!!) She let me chill in her room with her and her friend and watch Harry Potter in german! So awesome! OHHHH and they have the sweetest dog named Kaya :D So that's pretty much all i have to say for today!
XOXO That Foreign Exchange Girl

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time. I'm glad everyone is so nice and you have lots in common with them:) Keep working on your German! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete